Applications to be a KEYS RA are now open! They will close on Sunday, February 4th.
The KEYS Resident Assistants live in the dorms with the interns that come from outside of the Tucson area. We accept between 12 -16 out-of-town interns to live on campus during the summer. We hire two RAs: one female and one male. Hired KEYS RAs are required to perform a fingerprint background check and complete sexual harassment training through the University.
KEYS RAs are paid a stipend of $1,500.000. The stipend is disbursed in two payments: half at the beginning of the program and the remainder after completion of the program. The program pays for your room. RAs are expected to provide their own food and day-to-day necessities. You will be given one weekend off during the program.
The KEYS RAs are responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of the dorm residents. KEYS RAs are also responsible for:
- Building community amongst the residents
- Planning and leading weekend activities
- Planning and leading weekly dorm meetings
- Identifying and respond to intern needs
- Engaging the residents in the UA community
- Communicating closely with Program Coordinators
RAs are expected to work:
- 15 hours between February and April for training (flexible around your schedule)
- 15 hours in May to prepare for program events (flexible around your schedule)
- RA move-in on Friday, June 1st
- Intern move-in on Saturday, June 2nd
- Present at KEYS Family Night on Saturday, June 2nd
During the Program
- Present at KEYS Welcome Event on Monday, June 4th
- Available to residents in the dorm 5:00 pm -10:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Available to residents all day Saturday and Sunday
- Present at Research Showcase on Friday, July 20th
- Intern and RA move-out on Friday, July 20th
- Present at Staff Debrief Meeting on Monday, July 23rd
- Preference is given to KEYS alumni with dorm experience
- At least 18 years old by the start of the internship OR enrolled full-time in college
- Preference is given to those with at least 3 years good driving experience
- Maturity and ability to assume responsibility and authority in appropriate situations
- Strong communication skills
Click here for information about applying to be a KEYS Resident Assistant.
If you have questions about the application process please contact Brooke Moreno, Outreach Program Coodinator, at 520-621-1773.