The KEYS RAs live in the dorms with the interns that come from outside of the Tucson area. We accept between 12 -16 out of town interns to live in the dorms. We hire two RAs: one male and one female.
The RAs will move into the dorms on Friday, June 2, 2017 and move out of the dorms on Friday, July 21, 2017. You will be required to attend the staff debrief on Monday, July 24, 2017.
The program pays for your room. RAs are expected to provide their own food and day-to-day necessities. You will be given one weekend off during the program.
KEYS RAs are responsible for the wellbeing of the KEYS interns during their stay at the University of Arizona. In addition to KEYS Crew duties, RAs are responsible for building community amongst the dorm interns, plan and lead weekend activities, communicate closely with program leadership, plan and lead weekly dorm meetings, identify and respond to intern issues, and engage the dorm students in the UA community.
Hired RAs are required to perform a fingerprint background check, complete sexual harassment training through the University, and agree to the general UA Resident Assistant agreement (understanding some of the points do not apply to the KEYS program).
RAs are expected to:
- During the weekdays be available to residents after 5:00 pm
- During the weekends be available to residents all day
- Perform all KEYS Crew duties in addition to RA commitments
KEYS RAs are paid a stipend of $1,500.00. The stipend is dispersed in two payments: half at the beginning of the program and the remainder after completion of the program.
- Preference is given to KEYS alumni with dorm experience
- At least 18 years old by the start of the internship OR enrolled full-time in college
- Have at least 3 years good driving experience
- Maturity and ability to assume responsibility and authority in appropriate situations
- Strong communication skills
We will begin reviewing applications on February 5, 2017, and remained opened until filled. If you are interested in applying to be a RA you will need to complete the online application form. In the form, we will ask for:
- Responses to the following prompts in the RA application (100-word response per prompt):
- What experience do you have as an RA?
- Why do you want to be an RA?
- What is a pertinent skill that will make you a great RA?
- Contact information for two professional recommendations