Applications to be a KEYS Crew mentor are now open! They will close on Sunday, February 4th.
The KEYS Crew are the near-peer mentors for the new class of KEYS interns. The Crew is comprised of program alumni and student staff. We are looking for enthusiastic and amicable leaders who want to inspire future interns, work on a team, and develop as mentors. Hired KEYS Crew Mentors are required to perform a fingerprint background check and complete sexual harassment training through the University. KEYS Crew Mentors are also required to enforce the UA Minor Policy with all KEYS interns.
KEYS Crew Mentors are paid a stipend of $1,500.00. The stipend is disbursed in two payments: half at the beginning of the program and the remainder after completion of the program.
- First point of contact for intern questions and needs
- Work with interns on writing and creation and printing of their research posters
- Plan and lead icebreakers and team builders
- Plan and attend intern socials
- Attend KEYS Crew meetings
- Attend ALL KEYS events
- Set up for all KEYS events
- Tear down and recovery for all KEYS events
- Preparation of materials
- Complete tasks as assigned by Program Coordinators
- Attend staff meetings
Mentors are expected to work:
- 15 hours between February and April for training (flexible around your schedule)
- 15 hours in May to prepare for program events (flexible around your schedule)
- Present at KEYS Family Night on Saturday, June 2nd
- 40 hours during Training Week
- 10 hours during weeks 2 -5
- 40 hours during week 6
- 40 hours during week 7
- Available for at least one weekend during the internship
- Present at Staff Debrief Meeting on Monday, July 23rd
- Preference is given to KEYS alumni
- At least 18 years old by the start of the internship OR enrolled full-time in college
- Maturity and ability to assume responsibility and authority in appropriate situations
- Strong communication skills
- Provide your own transportation for the program
Click here for information about applying to be a KEYS Crew Mentor.
If you have questions about the application process please contact Brooke Moreno, Outreach Program Coodinator, at 520-621-1773.